Poached Egg on a Rocket Salad
THIS RECIPE IS SO EASY FOR A LATE MORNING BRUNCH OR SAVORY BREAKFAST. SIMPLISTIC BUT SO SATISFYING, PACKED WITH PROTEIN AND YOUR DAILY GREENS. INSPIRED BY A CHINESE TOFU AND GREEN ONION LUNCH MY DAD USED TO MAKE ME AS A KID. VEGAN, GLUTEN, AND DAIRY FREE.
Organic Wild Arugula :: a handful
Green Onions :: diced for topping
One Large Egg :: for poaching
Olive Oil (optional)
Fresh Cracked Black or White Pepper
1. Boil water in a small pot. Add a pinch of salt. Stir the water into a circular motion while cracking an egg into the center. Continue to slowly stir water in circular motion until egg is fully cooked to your liking.
2. Slice firm tofu and chop green onions.
3. Place tofu on top of a handful of arugula. When egg is poached, add on top of tofu/arugula salad and sprinkle with green onions, pepper, and balsamic glaze (olive oil optional).
4. Try eating with chopsticks.
5. Option to add walnuts, pumpkin seeds, or sesame seeds.